Erosion of soil from slopes, embankments and channels easily results in damage or pollution. Naturally growing vegetation alone cannot prevent erosion or offer long-term and full-scale reliability for its limited retention qualities. When there is a high risk of erosion, grass and other vegetation will be ruled out. But with the help of 3D geomat, vegetation can withstand these risks that are generally caused by wind and rain and thus changed into stable and fully grown green surfaces.
3D geomat is three dimensional polymer mat made of entangled UV stabilized polyamide or polypropylene monofilaments fused together at their intersections. In general, our clients choose black 3D geomat because it provides thermal protection and holds water for plantings' germination; choose green 3D geomat because it accommodates with green vegetated surface. It initially stabilize soil or rocky surface before vegetation developing; then it assists plantings to establish and stabilize the root system. Thus, we say that 3D geomat provides help both before and after vegetation.
3DG-01: Open structure 3D geomat with voids of over 90%.
3DG-02: 3D geomat helps to stabilize soil and develops planting root system.
3DG-03: Laying black 3D geomat on the surface of the soil slope for stabilize soil.
3DG-04: With the help of 3D geomat, slope vegetation has completed.
3D geomat and its variants:
- Open structure 3D geomat: Three dimensional polymer mat made of entangled UV stabilized polyamide monofilaments fused together at their intersections without any backing.
- Polyermer backed open structure 3D geomat: One, two or three layers of three dimensional polyamide or polypropylene mat are combined with one layer of flat polyamide or polypropylene backing beneath, which is called EM2, EM3, EM4 separately.
- Biodegradable 3D geomat: Three dimensional polymer mat is sewn to a biodegradable backing. Making sure that its three-dimensional open structure facing down and the biodegradable backing upwards when installation.
- Geotextile fabric or geomembrane 3D geomat: Three dimensional polymer mat is bound with geotextile fabric or geomembrane on one or two sides for embankments drainage, or for steep or rocky slopes to prevent soil slipping.
- Hexagonal wire mesh reinforced 3D geomat: Three dimensional polymer mat, reinforced with hexagonal wire mesh, ensures plants hold tightly and stabilize soil.
- Geogrid reinforced 3D geomat: Three dimensional polymer mat with geogrid reinforced to enhance the integral stability.
- Stone chipping 3D geomat: Three dimensional polymer mat is prefilled with a 2–6 mm bitumen bound mineral filter of stone chippings to provide erosion protection from high velocities and small wave attack for surfaces permanently subjected to water impact. Standard widths range from 1 to 4 m. It shall be installed same as biodegradable backed 3D geomat.
3DG-05: This is black open structure 3D geomat for thermal protection.
3DG-06: This is green structure 3D geomat for adapting green environments.
3DG-07: Flat mesh is placed in substratum and cuspated mesh is bounded with the substratum mesh.
3DG-08: Green and black polyermer backed open structure 3D geomat.
3DG-09: A geocomposite with two sides of geotextile fabric for drainage.
3DG-10: A geocomposite with two sides of geotextile for increasing friction.
3DG-11: Biodegradable 3D geomat suits for vegetated geomat.
3DG-12: Geogrid reinforced 3D geomat to enhance the soil stabilization.
3DG-13: Hexagonal wire mesh reinforces the integral stabilization ability of 3D geomat
3DG-14: A roll of hexagonal wire mesh reinforced 3D geomat.
3DG-15: Bitumen bound mineral filter of stone chippings is fully filled with 3D geomat.
3DG-16: Place stone chipping 3D geomat to prevent erosion from high velocities and small wave attack.
Specification of 3D geomat and its variants:
- Specification of 3D geomat:
- Material: UV stabilized polyamide or polypropylene monofilaments.
- Shape: 3D entangled geomat with over 90% void space.
- Color: black, green and yellow.
- Specification of open structure 3D geomat:
- Nominal thickness (at 2 kPa): 9 mm.
- Roll size: 2.15 × 55 m.
- 20 mm thick common 3D geomat that weights 500 g/m2 available.
- Specification of geogid reinforced 3D geomat:
- Nominal thickness (at 2 kPa): 19 mm.
- Roll size: 2.15 × 30 m.
- Specification of hexagonal wire mesh reinforced 3D geomat:
- Double twisted hexagonal wire mesh: 60 × 80 mm aperture, 2.2 mm Galfan wire, 3.2 mm PVC coated wire, 2.7 mm selvedge wire, 3.7 mm PVC coated selvedge wire.
- Nominal thickness (at 2 kPa): 12 mm.
- Tensile strength: 35 kN/m.
- Mass per m2: 1970 g/m2.
- Density: 900 kg/m3.
- Roll size: 2 × 25 m.
- Roll weight: 98 kg.
- 19 mm and 21 mm thick hexagonal wire mesh reinforced 3D geomat is also available.
- Before vegetation starts develop, our 3D geomat provides protection firstly.
- The voids of over 90% encouraging the system developing and planting growing.
- Our 3D geomat could be a polyamide mat, it is of light weight and high flexibility. Compared with PE and PP mat, PA mat doesn't float in water. Therefore, it is easy to handle and install both in dry and wet conditions.
- The material is not attractive to rodents and bacteria.
- The geotextile fabric is thermally bonded to the core of 3D geomat ensuring filtration, separation and protection of core from damage, protect the fill from being washed out by heavy water.
- Hexagonal wire mesh and geogrid reinforced 3D geomat make an integral mat, significantly increase the tensile strength, and adjacent panels of reinforced 3D geomat doesn't need to be overlapped, therefore its also more material saving than unreinforced erosion control mats.
- 3D geomat accepts hydroseeding and shrub planting where more rapid colonization is required.
3D geomat is suitable at, below and above the water level or on dry slopes like the waterline of channels, rivers lakes, spillways and rocky, soil steep slopes.
For various 3D geomat to choose, you might consider the type of climate in which a project is situated, local weather conditions, exposure to wind, rain, hydraulic loadings or sun, soil type, and the incline and shape of the slope.